WIN A HOME FROM ROZ & MOCHA & SEQUOIA GROVE HOMES (the “Contest”)
These Official Rules govern the Contest. By participating or attempting to participate in the Contest, you will be deemed to have received, understood, and agreed to these Official Rules.
WHO ARE THE SPONSORS?
The Contest is sponsored and administered by Rogers
Communications Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or their affiliates (“Rogers”),
on behalf of KiSS 92.5. The following entities are co-sponsors of the Contest:
Sequoia Grove Homes Inc. (“Sequoia”) Rogers and any co-sponsors of the
Contest are referred to collectively or individually as the “Sponsors”.
Although the Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of
a third party social media or social networking service or site (a “Third
Party Service”), the Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by,
or associated with, any Third Party Service; any questions, comments or
complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Rogers and not to any
Third Party Service.
WHO MAY ENTER THE CONTEST?
The Contest is open only to residents of the Province of Ontario
who have reached the age of majority as of the date of entry. The following
individuals are not eligible to enter the Contest:
- employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of: (i) the Sponsors, or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates; (ii) any prize suppliers; (iii) any and all other companies associated with the Contest;
- a household member of any of the individuals listed in (a), above, whether or not related;
- members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling) of the individuals listed in (a), above.
WHEN DOES THE CONTEST START/END?
You may enter the Contest between 7:00AM on August 30, 2019 and 9:00
AM on November 4, 2019 (“Entry Period”). All times referenced in these
Official Rules are Eastern.
HOW DO I ENTER THE CONTEST AND BECOME A QUALIFIER?
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. There are 92 (ninety-two) qualifying prizes (each a “Key”), awarded in this contest. To enter the Contest and for a chance to win one (1) Grayson 2 Bedroom Rooftop Town Collection townhome (the “Grand Prize”), you must qualify and be named a “Qualifier” through one of the following qualification methods:
- Text message or short code entry: There are 82 Keys awarded via text message entry. You may enter the contest by this method between 7:00AM on September 2, 2019 and 11:59 PM on October 31, 2019. To enter the Contest by means of this entry mechanism, (i) listen to the Station every weekday between 7:00am – 11:59pm and weekend between 12:00pm – 6:00pm during this method’s Entry Period (excluding statutory holidays) for a cue to text every 92 minutes, which provides the keyword to text (“Keyword”); and (ii) within five (5) minutes of any such cue to text (the “Entry Window”), send the Station a message that starts with the keyword to 925-555. Such message may be sent via a cellular telephone that is capable of two-way messaging. Your carrier’s standard text message or short code message and data rates may apply. By sending a message to the Station in accordance with these Official Rules, you agree to being put on-air by the Station.Following the close of each Entry Window, the Station will conduct a random draw in Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible messages received during such Entry Window (the “Eligible Messages”), to select one (1) entrant to be deemed a qualifier/potential prize winner. Non-selected messages will not carry forward to any other draw. The Station will contact such selected entrant using the information provided in the message that he or she sent; however, in the event the Station is unable to make contact with a selected entrant for any reason within two (2) minutes, then the Station may disqualify such selected entrant and randomly select an alternate entrant from among remaining eligible messages received during the applicable Entry Window, and so on and so forth, until the Station successfully makes contact with an eligible qualifier/potential prize winner.Notwithstanding the above, in the event of any technical issues relating to the Station’s messaging platform (as determined by Rogers), a cue to text may be altered to a cue to call, such that the Station would prompt its listeners to call the Station (telephone number), and the 25th eligible caller to reach the Station following any such cue to call would be deemed a qualifier/potential prize winner. In the event of any such cue to call, the following additional terms and conditions apply:
If the telephone line is dead when answered, or no audible response is heard, or no one responds after five seconds, the Station will answer the next call in sequence and the next call in sequence will replace that call, and so on and so forth. In the event a call is cut off before all personal data is collected, the Station will use reasonable efforts to make contact with the cut-off caller, provided enough personal information was gathered in order to correctly identify the cut-off caller. In the event two or more calls come through on the same line, all such callers will be advised to hang up and try again, and the next call in sequence will replace that call. In the event the Station answers a call and identifies the caller as an individual already qualified in this Contest or ineligible to participate in this Contest, the Station will answer the next call in sequence and the next call in sequence will replace that call, and so on and so forth.
The Station’s online stream and stream on apps such as RadioPlayer Canada or the KiSS 92.5 app, may be a delayed stream of the Station’s radio signal and may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and the speed of your Internet connection. For that reason, it is recommended that listeners listen to the Station in “real time” by turning on an actual radio.
- Ballot Entry on Station Website: There will be 1 Key awarded via ballot entry. You may enter the contest by this method between 7:00AM on August 30, 2019 and 11:59 PM on October 31, 2019. To enter the Contest by means of this entry mechanism, (i) go to http://www.kiss925.com during the applicable entry period, (ii) click on the Contest banners, buttons or links to access the online entry form for the Contest, (iii) complete the online entry form as instructed, including all required information, and (iv) submit your completed online entry form as instructed during the applicable entry period.On November 1, 2019 at approximately 9:00am in Toronto, Ontario, Rogers will conduct a random draw from among all eligible entries received. For each prize to be awarded pursuant to these Official Rules, one entrant will be randomly selected as a potential winner and notified using the information provided at the time of entry. In the event any potential winner does not respond tosuch notification within three (3) business days, declines a prize for any reason, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors, the potential winner will be disqualified and, time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among remaining eligible entries, or the prize may be cancelled.
Social Media Entry: There will be 5 Keys awarded through Instagram. To enter the Contest, log into your Instagram account (note: must be a valid, public account) and visit @kiss925 between September 3, 2019 and September 8, 2019, or October 7, 2019 – October 14, 2019, or visit @sequoiagrovehomes between September 23, 2019 and September 27, 2019, or October 28, 2019 and November 1, 2019 and follow instructions provided by KiSS 92.5 and the Sponsors on how to enter. You must (i) like a specified post, (ii) tag a friend’s account in the comments, and (iii) follow @kiss925 and @sequoiagrovehomes. By creating an account with Instagram, you agree to comply with the Instagram’s terms and policies. Anyone found entering a Contest using multiple accounts on a single Third-Party Service will be ineligible. Alternatively to enter the Contest, mail a letter during the Entry Period with your name, address, day and evening telephone numbers, email address, age, and Contest name to the attention of ‘Win a Home From Roz & Mocha & Sequoia Grove Homes” to 333 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 1G9. Mail-in entries must be received within the Entry Period to be valid. Limit of one (1) entry per postage-stamped envelope.
On September 9th, 2019, September 28th, 2019, October 15th, 2019, and November 2nd, 2019 at approximately 9:00am in Toronto, Ontario, Rogers & Sequoia will conduct a random draw from among all eligible entries received. For each prize to be awarded pursuant to these Official Rules, one entrant will be randomly selected as a potential winner and notified using the information provided at the time of entry. In the event any potential winner does not respond to such notification within three (3) business days, declines a prize for any reason, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors, the potential winner will be disqualified and, time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from among remaining eligible entries, or the prize may be cancelled.
- Ballot Entry at Elgin East Presentation Gallery: There will be 4 Keys awarded via onsite ballot. To enter by this means of entry, visit the Elgin East Presentation Gallery, at 10755 Leslie St. Unit A208, Richmond Hill L4S 1N6, on September 14, 2019, September 29, 2019, October 26, 2019 and October 27, 2019 between 12pm – 2pm (date subject to change) and complete the entry form as instructed, including all required information, and submit your completed entry form as instructed during the applicable entry period, and send the Station a message that starts with the provided keyword to 925-555. Such message may be sent via a cellular telephone that is capable of two-way messaging. Your carrier’s standard text message or short code message and data rates may apply. By sending a message to the Station in accordance with these Official Rules, you agree to being put on-air by the Station. On September 14, 2019, September 29, 2019, October 26, 2019 and October 27, 2019 at approximately 2:00pm in Richmond Hill, Ontario, the station will conduct a random draw from among all eligible entries received. For each prize to be awarded pursuant to these Official Rules, one entrant will be randomly selected as a potential winner and notified using the information provided at the time of entry; however, in the event the Station is unable to make contact with a selected entrant for any reason within two (2) minutes, then the Station may disqualify such selected entrant and randomly select an alternate entrant from among remaining eligible messages received during the applicable Entry Window, and so on and so forth, until the Station successfully makes contact with an eligible qualifier/potential prize winner.
Please note that the ballot entry at the Elgin East Presentation Gallery on November 2, 2019 has been cancelled. The key that would have been awarded through this method will instead be awarded through the social media entry mechanism stated above between October 28, 2019 and November 1, 2019.
Registration to the Grand Prize Event: By November 6, 2019 all Qualifiers must register with the Station to confirm their attendance to the Grand Prize event (the “Event”). All information in connection with the Event will be communicated by the Station to the Qualifiers before the Event. Failure to officially register by the specified time may result in disqualification from the Contest as determined in the absolute discretion of the Sponsors. If a Qualifier is unable to attend the Event, he/she will forfeit his/her rights as a Qualifier and invitation to the Event. Qualifiers may not transfer their invitation to the Event to another individual.
HOW MANY TIMES MAY I ENTER THE CONTEST?
There is a limit of one entry per person per entry mechanism
described in these Official Rules. There may only be one (1) Qualifier/Key
winner per household.
COULD MY ENTRY BE REFUSED OR REJECTED?
Your entry could be refused or rejected if:
In addition, the Sponsors reserve the right to refuse any entry for any other reason as they may determine.
- you attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Official Rules;
- your entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete or otherwise irregular;
- your entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or other illicit means; or
- your entry is not in compliance with these Official Rules.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY?
By entering the Contest:
- you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive;
- you represent and warrant that (i) your entry, including any material comprising your entry (e.g. name, user name, profile picture, etc., as applicable) and any material submitted with your entry (e.g. photograph, video, written submission, or other form of submission, as applicable) (all such material, collectively, the “Entry Material”) is original to you, (ii) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry Material to enter the Contest, including the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your Entry Material, and (iii) your Entry Material does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsors;
- you understand and agree that your entry, including your Entry Material, will not be returned to you and may be moderated or edited by Rogers as it deems appropriate;
- you grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to use your Entry Material in any media worldwide and for any purpose related to the Contest (or any similar contest), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works from, your Entry Material without notification, compensation or additional consideration to you;
- you waive all claims of moral rights in any use of your Entry Material by Rogers pursuant to the rights granted in these Official Rules;
- you agree that the Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity or eligibility to enter the Contest; failure to provide any such proof upon request may result in disqualification;
- you release and forever discharge the Sponsors, their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, any other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, as well as any Third Party Services, (collectively, the “Releasees”), and agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees, from and against any and all claims, damages or liability, including any costs or losses related to personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property, arising out of, or in any way related to, (i) your participation in the Contest, (ii) the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize, in whole or in part, or any travel or activity related to any prize, (iii) the use of any Entry Material or Publicity Material (defined below) in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules, or (iv) any breach of these Official Rules.
WHAT ARE THE CONTEST PRIZES?
There are ninety-two (92) qualifying prizes each a ‘Key’, one of which will open the lock at the November 8, 2019 grand prize event, and that contestant will be the potential winner of one (1) Grand Prize consisting of:
- One (1) Grayson 2 Bedroom Rooftop Town Collection, approximately 1268 square feet, with private rooftop terrace and 2nd & 3rd level balconies. Valued at approximately $709,900 CDN. (Parking and Locker not included)
- Winner will also receive $15,000 CDN in the form of a cheque which may be used towards prize related expenses.
- All prize particulars will be determined by the Sponsors.
- Winner has the responsibility to consult with and accept the prize using independent legal counsel. Winner is responsible for abiding by any real estate laws.
- Winner will be responsible for all legal fees, real estate fees and land transfer tax, estimated at approximately $11,000 CDN
- If the prize, or any portion thereof, is unused, it cannot be carried forward and will be forfeit
- The prize, and any portion thereof, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except as may be decided by Sequoia Grove Homes Inc. in its sole discretion
- Sequoia reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify the prize or any portion thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason
- The Releasees are not responsible for: any cancellations, alterations, delays, diversions or other changes to the construction of the prize; any costs or expenses incurred as a result of any changes to the winner’s plans. The Sponsors are only responsible for the prize elements listed in these Official Rules, subject to the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules.
ARE THERE ANY PRIZE CONDITIONS?
In addition to any prize conditions provided elsewhere in these Official Rules, any prize awarded in the Contest is subject to the following conditions:
- Except for gift cards, vouchers or cash prizes, the prize value in these Official Rules is approximate only. You will not be compensated if actual prize value is lower than the value quoted in these Official Rules.
- The prize may be substituted, in whole or in part, with a prize or prize component of equal or greater value if the prize or prize component cannot be awarded for any reason.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, unless otherwise determined by the Sponsors. The prize may not be exactly as advertised. The prize is provided “as is” without representation or warranty of any kind by the Sponsors.
- The prize may not be resold.
- Any unused portion of the prize, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited. The prize will not be replaced if lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen.
HOW WILL THE POTENTIAL WINNER(S) BE SELECTED?
On Friday November 8th, 2019 (date subject to change), all Qualifiers that have registered for the Event (details in section 4) will be invited to the live broadcast from 6am – 10am at a location to be determined by the Sponsors. Qualifiers will then be given the chance to see if their key opens the door, and if it does, they’ll instantly win a brand-new home. At the Event, a random draw will be conducted to assign each qualifier the key they will use to attempt to open the on-site door. After all Qualifiers have been assigned a key, each Qualifier will take turns, in the order in which they qualified, to try to open the on-site door. The Qualifier whose Key successfully unlocks the on-site door will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. In the event no Key successfully unlocks the on-site door, a representative of the Sponsors will conduct a random draw from among all ninety-two (92) Qualifiers and the Prize will be awarded through this method. In the event that two (2) or more Keys successfully unlock the on-site door, a representative of the Sponsors will conduct a random draw from among the Qualifiers with the successful keys, and the Prize will be awarded through this method.
HOW CAN A POTENTIAL WINNER BECOME A WINNER?
To be declared a winner, a potential winner:
- must correctly answer, without assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Sponsors;
- must be in compliance with these Official Rules;
- must sign and return, within any designated time period, a release of liability and consent to publicity form and any other documentation as reasonably required or, if the potential winner is a minor, must have his or her parent or legal guardian sign and return, within a specified time period, any such paperwork. The Sponsors may require any winner’s guest to sign and return, within any designated time period, a release of liability and consent to publicity form and any other documentation as reasonably required, as a pre-condition to participation in the prize. In the event any guest is a minor, the parent or legal guardian of the guest will be required to sign and return such paperwork on behalf of the minor guest;
- may be required to provide proof of identification to confirm eligibility or to claim a prize or provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of any account associated with the selected entry.
WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE?
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received through each entry method during the Entry Period.
HOW DO I CLAIM A PRIZE?
Once a potential winner is confirmed as a winner, prize distribution will be promptly coordinated.
Except as otherwise indicated by the Sponsors, a winner must personally take delivery of the prize as instructed within thirty (30) days of being notified that such prize is available or within such other time period as may reasonably be advised.
If a winner fails to take delivery of the prize as instructed, the prize will be deemed forfeited.
WILL I APPEAR IN ANY PUBLICITY IF I AM A WINNER?
If you are a winner, the Sponsors may require you to appear in publicity related to the Contest or to any similar contest.
By accepting a prize:
- you grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to record, photograph or otherwise capture or document you, your likeness, your voice, or any statements you make regarding the Contest or the prize, by any available means;
- you agree that any such captured material, together with your biographical information, such as name or place of residence, or your Entry Material (collectively, all such materials, the “Publicity Material”) may be used by the Sponsors or their licensees, successors, or assigns (collectively, the “Publicity Parties”) in any media, whether now known or later devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising or promotional purposes related to the Contest or any similar contest. Any such use of the Publicity Material may include the reproduction, modification, adaptation, translation or creation of derivative works from your Entry Material;
- you acknowledge that the Publicity Parties shall not be required to compensate you, notify you, or request your permission in connection with their use of any Publicity Material, unless otherwise prohibited by law; and
- you waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in connection with any use of the Publicity Material by any of the Publicity Parties, including any moral rights in any such Publicity Material.
HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE COLLECTED, USED AND DISCLOSED?
Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- in accordance with these Official Rules, or with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- if you elect to receive Commercial Communications from a party other than Rogers, Rogers will disclose your personal information to that other party for that purpose;
- if you are a potential prize winner, Rogers may disclose your personal information to any prize supplier for purposes of prize fulfillment; and
- if you have been asked to sign and return a release of liability and consent to publicity form or other documentation in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules, Rogers may disclose your personal information to any interested party, such as an entity who is released from liability.
HOW DO THE RELEASEES LIMIT THEIR LIABILITY?
The Releasees assume no liability for the following:
- stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, jumbled, or garbled entries, transmissions, email, mail, or other communications;
- any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication;
- failures or malfunctions of, or difficulties with, computer hardware or software, telephones, telephone lines, telephone systems, or network, cable, satellite, server, or website connections;
- printing, typographical, or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements, or in Contest-related materials;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, including where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated or used in connection with the Contest;
- injury or damage to any computer or other device resulting from or otherwise related to participation in the Contest, the use of any website, or the downloading or accessing of any materials;
- anyone being incorrectly or mistakenly identified as a winner or potential winner; or
- any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, relating in any way to the Contest, including those errors, problems or difficulties that may relate to the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the advertising of the Contest, the announcement of any prize or prize winner, or the cancellation or postponement of any event.
WHAT LAWS APPLY TO THE CONTEST?
The laws of the province or territory in which you reside apply to the Contest.
Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
CAN THE SPONSORS CANCEL OR AMEND THE CONTEST?
The Sponsors may cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or amend these Official Rules for any reason whatsoever, subject to prior approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if legally required. For example, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsors may adjust any of the dates, timeframes or other Contest mechanics, or suspend or cancel the Contest.
You may not amend these Official Rules in any way.
WOULD THE SPONSORS EVER DISQUALIFY OR BAN SOMEONE FROM A CONTEST?
The Sponsors may disqualify without notice or ban someone from the Contest or any future contest for any other reason, including if the Sponsors find that a person has:
- resold or attempted to resell a prize, in whole or in part;
- tampered with or attempted to tamper with, or undermined or attempted to undermine, the legitimate operation of the Contest;
- provided false or misleading information;
- acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person; or
- otherwise violated these Official Rules.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTRADICT OTHER CONTEST MATERIALS?
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or statements made by the Sponsors or appearing in other Contest-related materials, these Official Rules shall govern.
WHAT HAPPENS IF PART OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BECOMES UNENFORCEABLE OR DOES NOT APPLY?
If any part of these Official Rules is legally unenforceable or inapplicable, then that part will be deemed invalid; however, the remainder of these Official Rules will otherwise continue to be legally binding.